Friday, February 13, 2009

Professor Ove Hoegh-Guldberg

I have just finished watching Australian Story (on the ABC) called "The Heat of the Moment" which focussed on Professor Ove Hoegh-Guldberg who is a marine biologist that predicted the Great Barrier Reef would die because of climate change due to coral bleaching.
.
Well worth watching here
.
Also available full transcript and extra footage of the debate over climate change between Andrew Bolt (argues against climate change) and Professor Ove Hoegh-Guldberg (argues for climate change). It is interesting to examine the types of arguments and language used by both 'sides'. For more on this I suggest a post on Overcoming Bias called Informers and Persuaders.
.
Interestingly, he has just been put in charge of a new climate change institute. I will have a look and see what I can find and report back with an update soon. Update: I can't see anything on it, so I decided to write to Professor Hoegh-Guldberg asn ask the man himself. I will let you know if he writes back (fingers crossed he does).

No comments: